It has been birthday week around the Barlow home. I absolutely LOVE birthdays so this week was a DREAM! There was some sort of cake on my counter for the ENTIRE week! HEAVENLY!!
To start:
Last sunday we celebrated my birthday and Savannah's birthday with my family. We had yummy Chicken Pot Pies (DELICIOUS MOM!), and a castle cake that everyone helped with. We had quite the crew of Leonard contractors working on this project!
You would never believe that this beauty started out as three 8 inch round cakes, two 4 inch round cakes, six cake filled cake cones, five sugar cones, two containers vanilla frosting, a package of vanilla wafer cookies, and TWO containers of blue sprinkles! Oh, and let us not forget the 6 princess figurines perched on their BRAND SPANK'N new POSH castle!! It was tasty!
Savy and I were spoiled ROTTEN! (THANKS EVERYONE!!!!)
Savy got lots of books, a purple tinker bell dress, crayons, and . . .
Mommy and Daddy gave her "a bike like Mia's" (Savy's friend) just like she asked.
I was spoiled with a free babysitting night, a nail kit (BOTH of which I DESPERATELY need!), bubbles to blow outside (I LOVE bubbles!) money for clothes and a calendar for my kitchen (that Jake made!).
Jake designed and made this for me! I have a dry erase calendar printed on a transparency that goes on the metal part that I can write on. I can put a cute piece of scrapbook paper behind the transparency to make it seasonal. I LOVE IT! Thanks EVERYONE!
Moving right along:
For my birthday Brandon and I took advantage of the Christmas present my parents gave us and went skiing for the day. Dumb me forgot my camera. Dumb! Why beat myself up over this . . . because it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! It was PERFECT!!! It was everything skiing should be! Warm sunshine, groomed runs with a small amount of fresh powder on them, only 10 other people on the hill, no kids. Thanks mom and dad! And, BRANDON! After skiing Brandon and I picked up some dinner and ate at home with no kids. He had a cute table set up with flowers,(which are STILL ALIVE!) and presents. It was honestly one of the best 29 birthdays I have ever had! THANKS BRANDON!!!
Almost done:
On Savannah's birthday we took her to the "Make a teddy bear store". She was very excited! She picked out a cute pink monkey. It's hands have Velcro them so she can latch it's arms around her neck. It is a constant monkey hug! She loves it!
The Process: Picking out the monkey.
We didn't get any pictures of the stuffing of the monkey because Savy was a bit scared of the very outgoing 25 year old man thrashing her monkey around and putting needles into it's back. But . . . moving on . . . Daddy and Savy gave the monkey a very nice bath and a good brushing.
And finally Savy picked out a very STYLE'N outfit of a denim skirt and sparkly pink princess shirt. The monkey and Savy do share a common love . . . princesses.
After all this we now have a new member of the Savy stuffed animal family - FIA. Yes, Fia is the name Savy chose. It was a great time and Savy sure LOVES her FIA!
+of+IMG_2199b.jpg)
The day ended with a Happy Meal from McDonalds, some various treats, and a few presents from mom and dad. Happy Birthday PRINCESS!!! You are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Last, but certainly not least:
We celebrated Savy's birthday with Brandon's family on sunday. Again, she was SPOILED!! She received a baby doll, books, a hopper ball, colorwonder coloring books and a princess dress. She had a GREAT birthday! THANKS EVERYONE!!
And, a cupcake for the princess!
+of+IMG_2217.jpg)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAVY!!!!!
10 comments:
It looks like quite the birthday extravaganza for you and Savy! I am so impressed with the castle cake. I love that your celebrations lasted all week long...linger longer birthdays are the best!
How FUN!!! I love the birthday fun! And the castle cake is way cute! The last pic of the cupcake is, too. You guys are way cute!
How fun!!! That cake is amazing!! And what an awesome present from Jake! I'm just a little disappointed that Sav didn't choose the Hello Kitty to stuff. I need to work on her I guess! Just curious, did you try to sway her with the things YOU liked at Build a Bear? I totally would've tried to get Rach to get what I would want. I mean, you have to or else they pick stuff that totally doesn't go together, right? Can't wait to play tomorrow!
Your little girl is so dang cute, Amanda!! And I love your blog! You are so funny...I'm smiling and laughing every time I read it. My Ashley is a bit unnerved by the scary stuffing part of that build-a-bear process too. Can't blame them!
Every princess deserves to be spoiled rotten at multiple bashes! What an absolute doll! Happy birthday to both of you!
A couple things:
I want to know where Brandon got the birthday flowers.
What did HE get you for your birthday?
A monkey?!
And...I want a princess cupcake!
(Hope you have a great year 29...it's the one that lasts forever)!
I want that cake! You know I am turning 30 this May and I think I need one of those cakes. Are they for sale?
Happy Birthday! I hope you are doing well. We will be coming out in August hopefully. We hope to see you guys.
Kurt
Great job on that cake! I think you are in the wrong profession. My birthday is in April so you can practice on a cake for me so when you make Tamie's it will be spectacular!!
What fabulous birthday celebrations! Mia's favorite thing in this world is birthdays. So glad Savvy got a bike to party the neighborhood with Mia. Let's hope she's not as heavy on the brakes and wears a whole in the tire like Mia did! :-)
Post a Comment